The internet and internet gaming are enjoyed by many people and are often activities families canenjoy together. However, use of the internet and online platforms isn’t without risk. As part of our approach to online safety we will support pupils and their families in understanding the potential risks of online activity and how best to avoid them.
We will work with parents and carers to support them in the following:
- Understanding the appropriateness of games and apps
- location and access to information and resources for adults and pupils
- teaching e-safety in the curriculum
- offering parental information and advice sessions
- raising awareness of online grooming
- teaching our children how to report abuse or concerns
In school we ensure that we have suitable filtering and monitoring systems in place, as described in ‘Keeping Children Safe’ and the Prevent Duty.
Useful tips and guides for using the Internet safely can be found at
If you are concerned about settings on devices that your child has access to, or how to monitor screen time or particular apps and platforms, please contact your class teacher and we can arrange to discuss how we can offer the appropriate support.